January 18-28, 2018
Early registration discount ends August 28.
Immersion Experience in Maya Cosmology, Medicine,
Art and Sacred Ways of the Living Maya.
- Maya Daykeeper Tat Apab’yan Tew accompanies us offering sacred ways from his native Guatemala and a fire ceremony connecting with the ancestors;
- Tzotzil Maya religious leader Don Xun Calixto holds an audience in his home where we learn of his curing methods and calling;
- Don Antonio Martinez, the last Lacandón Maya elder faithfully practicing his traditions, holds the nearly extinct balché ceremony;
- Receive a private clearing session with Doña Panchita, curandera of Palenque;
- Take part in the festival of San Sebastian in San Juan Chamula and Zinacantán, and spend time in a Maya church where curanderos conduct healing sessions — and many of our travelers have deeply spiritual experiences;
- Carol Karasik — poet, writer, Mayanist — shares the mysteries of Palenque;
- Experience the passion of Maya artists as they disclose what inspires them;
- Throughout our time spiritual guide Carla Woody shapes your journey for optimal transformation that continues to unfold long after you’ve returned home;
- And so much more…
A portion of tuition is tax-deductible through Kenosis Spirit Keepers, the 501(c)3 nonprofit arm of Kenosis. We believe in the sacred sense of reciprocity. Your tuition includes a financial contribution to support the welfare of the Maya people with whom we engage, as well as other Native traditions.
For this year’s Maya program, your donation goes to support:
- Spirit Keepers Journey supporting a US Native Wisdom Keeper to make connections with Maya relations.
- Don Sergio Castro’s textile museum and his humanitarian healing work with poor Maya communities.
- For more information on what we support, please go here